Parents can reach their child’s counselor by email or phone:
863-1251 ext. 2155
863-1251 ext. 2154
What is the Role of a School Counselor?
- Help students to recognize and make the best of their capabilities
- Give students an opportunity to talk about their education, personal, and social concerns
- Help students to build self-confidence and self-esteem
- Help students to recognize, understand, and work through learning difficulties
- Enroll new students and assist with their transition
- Act as a resource person for information
- Assist students and families in times of personal and family crisis
- Help students to develop an awareness of careers
- Assist students in exploring opportunities for high school and college.
- Assist with the design and implementation of interventions necessary for academic success
- Assist students with the transition between buildings
- To facilitate student recognition programs like PIE Awards and Regal Rams